Interior Hard Floor Cleaning
Once all the work has been done installing a luscious, beautiful hard wood floor it is only natural to want to maintain the depth and beauty so that all the guests who see it will admire the floor and how well it works with the rest of the room. And even if guests don’t enter the home very often to see the hard floor it is certainly rewarding to keep the floor clean for the sake of your own peace of mind. Interior hard floor cleaning is not very difficult and is also essential to maintaining the healthy and longevity of your hard floor. Floors have only a finite lifetime, but that lifetime can be extended with regular cleaning to ward away accumulating dust scars and stains from wear and tear. The more often you engage in an interior hard floor cleaning, the easier it will be to keep the floor clean and sparkly.
Even before an interior hard floor cleaning is performed there are steps that can be taken to ensure the longevity of the hard floor. Floor mats are an essential part of ensuring that your hard wood floor survives in peak condition for as long as possible. A good floor mat prevents nasty dust and dirt from trailing in on the feet of people and scouring and scratching up the hard floor. The bigger the floor mat the better, as it will cover more space and thus catch more dirt. A few other steps to ensure the longevity of your hard floor:
- Never, ever drag furniture across the floor. It may seem unavoidable, but this is an almost certain method of scratching up that beautiful floor. Always lift and set down gently, rather than drag.
- Use furniture pads under dining room table legs and the feet of chairs and other furniture or appliances that are placed on the hard floor.
- Wipe up spills immediately. Stains may “add character” for a while, but ultimately they hurt the life expectancy of the hard floor and will become unsightly if enough of them accumulate.
- Avoiding heavy shoes or heels on the floor will also keep it in top condition. Some heels may dent the floor, and heavy shoes result in unsightly scuffs.
Even after all these steps have been taken, it is inevitable that you will need an interior hard floor cleaning to keep the floor looking its finest. A quick clean is very easy to do yourself.
- Start with a stiff, high quality broom; sweep your floor regularly to remove dirt, dust, and whatever else might accumulate.
- Then use a vacuum to suck up the particles that may be trapped between the boards and out of reach of the broom. Make sure the vacuum doesn’t use the beater bar or is set to the “hard floor” setting to ensure the rotating brush is not scarring your floor.
Once you’ve done these your floor may be well on its way to a long happy life of being walked on. However, there is still further interior hard floor cleaning options for a deeper cleaning of the floor. This deeper cleaning should be done by a professional, using tools such as hard floor cleaning machine and products recommended for your particular hard floor brand. This interior hard floor cleaning will make your floor look as good as new and is the best hard floor cleaning method to make the floor last as long as possible.