Why It’s Important to Hire Professional Upholstery Cleaners
Cleaning upholstery properly without damaging it can be tricky.
Why Hire Professional Upholstery Cleaners?
Do you have upholstered furniture in need of cleaning? Not sure whether to hire someone or thinking about do it yourself upholstery cleaning? Cleaning upholstered furniture can be difficult for many reasons. We’ve discussed a few of those reasons below to give you a good idea of why you should hire professional upholstery cleaners.
What to Know About Your Upholstery
- Fibers used in upholstery are often sensitive and take a special touch, including someone with the knowledge of which chemicals to use on which fabrics, and how to properly agitate each fabric. The same cleaning solvent that might clean cotton, for example, might damage silk, or velvet.
- Due to the construction of the furniture, the fabric can be hard to clean.
- Stains on upholstered furniture often need a different type of cleaner than what is used for general overall upholstery cleaning, and therefore, expertise in this area is extremely important. When you hire professional upholstery cleaners, question them about the professional upholstery cleaning products they use until you feel comfortable with their knowledge.
- Whether or not you hire professional upholstery cleaners, always test or have your cleaners test their solvents first on an inconspicuous part of the upholstery, because many solvents, if not carefully administered, cleaned and rinsed can cause watermarks, color loss, browning, and dyes that bleed.
- Spot cleaning of upholstery can be difficult because the resulting stained area may end up looking much cleaner or whiter than the rest of the fabric.
- Watermarks, which appear as rings or marks around the spot that was just cleaned, can be caused by wet and dry cleaning solvents alike, lack of knowledge, or even due to dyes in the fabric themselves. This is why it’s always important to test a spot first.
- Agitation can harm certain fibers such as velvet and microfibers if not done properly.
- If an area is left too wet, dirt can collect and make the newly clean area appear brown.
Hire Professional Upholstery Cleaners
Certified carpet & upholstery cleaning professional like Carpet Cleaning Perth have the knowledge and training about different types of upholstery fabric and how to specifically care for each one providing the best upholstery cleaning service. This knowledge includes:
- What chemicals to use and not use on each fabric
- How to test the cleaners and solvents first
- Machinery and expertise in cleaning difficult-to-reach parts of your furniture
- The correct way to agitate different fabrics without ruining them
- Performing an overall clean first, then stain removal if necessary
- How to properly rinse your upholstery
- How to dry your upholstery as quickly as possible
It can be difficult to clean upholstery and get your furniture looking like new again, and it’s often necessary to hire professional upholstery cleaners.
For a great article on the different types of upholstery and decorator fabrics or to get help, call us at (08) 6311 4082.